Today we are facing a challenge related to Internet scams. This refers to "look-alike" sites that combine identity theft (phishing), banking information, and various other schemes under other pretexts.
The most common variants are:
- Illegal collection of funds and banking (financial) information supposedly through subscribing or purchasing company products.
- Illegal obtaining of personal information (login, password, name, email address, phone number, etc.) through user registration on a fraudulent web platform under the brand name Esports Charts or Streams Charts or identical design, which doesn’t exist;
- illegally posting mobile apps on the App Store and/or Google Play with trademarks, logos, name, and links to the original Esports Charts or Streams Charts websites;
PLEASE BE GUIDED BY THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR YOUR SECURITY:
1. First and foremost, pay attention to the URLs.
The domain name of Esports Charts or Streams Charts sites is https://escharts.com/ or https://streamscharts.com/ respectively and subdomains like app.escharts.com, etc.
There are no other sites that are or may be owned by Esports Charts. If you happen to find a website that has a similar URL, don’t use that site - it’s a scam. Please be responsible and let us know, considering possible clone-sites at [email protected]
2. Check the security of your HTTP connection.
Any transmission over HTTP can be stolen or altered. HTTPS is a much more secure version of HTTP. The original Esports Charts URL has a secure HTTPS connection.
3. Pay attention to illiterately written text.
Most fraudulent sites are made hastily and by developers who aren’t native English speakers.
4. Pay attention to the UI/UX design and content on the site.
Sites https://escharts.com/ or https://streamscharts.com/ are made professionally and are appropriately maintained and updated every day, while clone sites have two or three web pages with outdated information.
5. Check yourself twice to be sure, and check with us.
6. General tips to secure your Esports Charts account:
- If you have received any emails asking for personal information on behalf of Esports Charts, that's not true. Esports Charts never asks for the disclosure of personal information;
- do not provide any personal or financial information if you’re in doubt as to the reasonableness of the request;
- do not click on any suspicious links or open any attachments;
- install the antivirus software of your choice to protect your computer and the information on it;
- Change your Esports Charts account password from time to time.
From our side, Esports Charts will do its best to block the work of clone sites and warn our users against Internet scams. Please don’t stay away from this problem and report suspicious sites immediately at [email protected]. Together we can solve this problem much more effectively.